Victor A. Vella
Director, Transit Surveillance Solution
Panasonic System Communications Company - North America
This presentation will address key strategies for transit agencies to consider when evaluating the effectiveness of existing systems or considering the latest integrated security solutions. Key considerations from initial planning and design to system deployment will be covered with a primary focus on the safety and security of staff, riders and agency assets as well as overall system management, value and ROI. The session will cover the latest technologies being used to address the unique security challenges facing transit agencies based on a real-world case study with Denver Regional Transportation District (RTD) Transit Police Division and as an example.
Session Content Outline:
- Security challenges
- Meeting the needs of administrators, staff and riders
- Case study – Denver RTD
Integrated Security Solutions
- Strategies for evaluating technology needs
- Initial design
- System deployment, lessons learned
- Considering ROI
Session Learning Objectives:
- Understand how a comprehensive security solution can improve safety and reduce agency costs.
- Key learnings from a real-world case study with Denver Regional Transportation District (RTD) Transit Police Division.
- Learn how to identify and evaluate the latest technologies that are best suited for the specific needs of transit agencies.