Executive Director, Products and Services Division
Biometric authentication for access control offers significant advantages over other methods, including ease of use and high reliability. Biometric access control is becoming mainstream with personal applications such as the iPhone 5 Touch ID but there are still hurdles. An understanding of these challenges will help security solution providers overcome them.
- Privacy: people are hesitant to enroll their biometric information into corporate or government databases.
- Risk: accessing biometric data without exposure to new/unknown security risks.
- Balance: technology is evolving at lightening-speed and trends in mobile access and cloud authentication make it difficult to balance ease of use and uncompromising security.
Session Learning Objectives:
- Participants will be able to understand some of the challenges associated with personal privacy, technology, and security requirements in the adoption of biometric identification systems.
- Participants will be able to make informed decisions about blending existing credential management tools with biometrics for secure access control and time and attendance applications.
- Participants will be able to understand emerging trends in authentication and access control, including cloud based services, mobile security, and contextual authentication for remote access.