Tips: Disaster Supply Checklist
Be sure to include the basics in your kit. Store items in a large trash can, duffle bag, or easy-to-carry plastic container with a lid.
- Cell phone charger.
- Bottled water (3 gallons per person for home; 1 gallon per person to take with you if you have to leave).
- Fuel in car.
- Battery-operated radio and alarm.
- Flashlights and batteries.
- Dry and canned foods with can opener.
- First-aid kit.
- Medications (get advice from a physician or pharmacist on how to store prescription meds, and how long you can keep stored meds.)
- Copies of important papers and phone numbers
- Basic tools.
- Soap, toiletries and other sanitary products.