Tips: Securing Your Office
Universal Protection Service offers tips to keep an office secure.
- Lock all doors when the office is empty.
- Lock all valuables in a desk or closet when unattended, especially after hours.
- Do not leave purses or wallets unattended.
- Avoid keeping large amounts of petty cash in the office.
- Report all solicitors to security immediately.
- Do not allow any workers or contractors into your tenant space until they have been cleared through the receptionist.
- Question visitors who wander through your office. Legitimate guests will appreciate your offer of assistance and would be solicitors or thieves will be deterred.
- Report any suspicious persons to security.
- Keep blinds closed after hours where such valuables as computers, fax machines, etc. are visible from the outside.