G4S Monitoring/Data Center Receives CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification
G4S Monitoring and Data Center Inc. is the recipient of the prestigious "CSAA Five Diamond Certification" from the Central Station Alarm Association.
The certification testifies that 100 percent of the G4S central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station on-line operator training course.
These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In order to achieve the "Five Diamond Certification," each and every operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, reducing false alarms.
- Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers.
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio.
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others.
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
In addition, Five Diamond Certified companies must demonstrate an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100 percent quality operator training.
There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 5 percent of stations have achieved the "Five Diamond Certified" status.