Milestone Systems Accredited as Corporate Bicsi Member for Advanced Certification Training
Milestone Systems, the open platform company in IP video management software (VMS), is now recognized for Continued Education Credits (CECs) by Building Industry Consulting Service International, Inc. (BICSI), a professional association supporting the information technology systems industry covering voice, data, electronic safety & security, and audio & video technologies. BICSI provides information, education and knowledge assessment for individuals and companies in the IT systems industry through courses, conferences, publications and professional registration programs.
The BICSI accreditation applies to Milestone partners who take advanced certification training courses for Milestone XProtect IP VMS. Milestone distributors, resellers, systems integrators, solution partners and A&Es will receive CECs for these courses, as determined by BICSI.
Milestone Systems also announced the implementation of its Architecture & Engineering (A&E) Program for assisting network architects, engineers and consultants whose projects include IP surveillance systems. The goal with the program is to provide consultants with tools, information and expertise that bring benefits by adding value to project design through improved solutions for the customers.
IP VMS Market Growing
The market for open platform IP VMS is increasing. According to IMS Research, the growth of the network video surveillance market and the declining use of analog technology will transition by 2014, with network video overtaking analog in terms of sales revenue. Moreover, the high-end market for open platform VMS, where the A&Es are involved, is increasing immensely in revenue: from $50 million in 2010 to more than $200 million in 2015. Milestone is partnering with consultants to assist in making this shift from analog to IP and to provide the necessary tools and training for easier project design.
"It is my experience that when there is construction in large areas such as the Green Triangle in Copenhagen where we work with their housing complex needs, Milestone is the best solution. It supports many different cameras, and the technology is very flexible and easy to operate. We take the role as advisor very seriously," says Kim Hjorthfelt, director and engineer from the consulting company Gert Carstensen.
Milestone A&E Program
With the Milestone A&E Program, consultants gain the following benefits:
- BICSI accredited advanced certification, including hands-on exercises
- Easy access to support tools such as A&E specifications, Microsoft Visio icons and design tools including server and storage calculators
- Devoted A&E program support from the Milestone A&E team to assist with consultant sign ups, requests and input
- Special access to technical knowledge from Milestone Systems, the world’s leading open platform IP video management software company, including educational white papers and illustrative case stories from vertical sectors
- Exclusive information such as product roadmaps and localized A&E specifications
- Access to the vast Milestone ecosystem including hundreds of hardware and solution partners around the globe
- Milestone A&E Seminars
Milestone Systems holds regular A&E seminars with dedicated focus on consultants’ needs. Three have already been held this year in the UK, Denmark and Dubai. The next A&E seminar will be held in Glasgow, Scotland.