Apple Releases Software Update to Support iCloud Keychain
- By Ginger Hill
- Oct 22, 2013
As the news trickles in on Google about the unveiling of a new, thinner, and lighter tablet, the iPad Air, did you know that Apple released iOS 7.0.3? This software update for all things “i” enables iCloud Keychain password saving integration with newly released OS X Mavericks.
The key features of this update are as follows:
- Passwords and other data can be safely and securely saved and synced across “i” devices, while iCloud Keychain keeps track of account names, passwords and credit cards.
- The Safari browser has a new password generator that gives unique, hard-to-guess passwords for online accounts.
- On the iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3 updates the lock screen to delay displaying “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use.
Other updates include the following:
- Corrects issues when iMessage failes to send to some users;
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps;
- Corrects accelerometer calibration issue;
- Addresses Siri and VoiceOver’s lower-quality voice;
- No longer allowed to bypass lock screen passcode;
- Reduce motion setting – minimizes motion and animation;
- Corrects VoiceOver input being too sensitive;
- Bold text setting also changes dial pad test; and
- Corrects supervised devices from becoming unsupervised when updating software.
Update available for: iPad generations 2-4; iPad mini, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4 and 5th gen. iPod touch.
About the Author
Ginger Hill is Group Social Media Manager.