Top 10 Articles of 2013 on Security Today
- By Ginger Hill
- Jan 06, 2014
When a new year comes, it’s always refreshing to take time to pause and reflect about the past 12 months, not only about things you want to improve on but also to celebrate the many successes that you experienced.
Reflecting over 2013 with Security Today, I have personally learned a lifetime worth of security-related information as well as honed my editorial skills. As a whole, we have grown stronger as a team, which will enable us to bring you even more valuable content during 2014.
During the 12 months of 2013, Security Today’s top 10 articles were:
- Top 10 Security Apps for iPhone Plus 5 Free Bonus Apps – from encryption to tracking your lost iPhone this article has it all and then some!
- Sales Strategies – Do you know the advantages of offering IP over analog CCTV? Here are some awesome sales strategies to enhance your knowledge and increase your customers!
- Sarcastic Facebook Post Lands Texas Teen Behind Bars – Remember this comment from 19-year-old Justin Carter? “I think I’ma shoot up a kindergarten…and watch the blood of the innocent rain down…and eat the bleeding heart of one of them.”
- Hidden Camera Captures Shocking Nursing Home Abuse – Captured on this horrifying video is a staff member taunting an 85-year-old woman with a rag smeared with her own feces, a man blowing his nose on her clean bed sheets, an elderly male resident helping himself to her belongings and unfortunately, more!
- Introducing the Fully Functional 3D Printed Gun – Here we have good ol’ Texan Cody Wilson, the 25-year-old founder of Defense Distributed, who presented the Internet world with FREE blueprints for the world’s first 3-D-printed, fully-operational handgun, the Liberator.
- Gun Left on Front Porch with Four Shells Harms No One – Okay, readers! Now, we’ve had some pretty in depth conversations about gun rights over the past 365 days; however, this simple letter to the editor of Eagle Point newspaper sums up my position perfectly!
- TSA Agent Criticizes Teen for Clothing Choice – Ahhh, airport security! The process of removing your shoes, belt and other accessories for less than 5 seconds, just to be shoved out the other side of the x-ray machine to put it all on again! This TSA officer, however, showed no restraint in telling a 15 year-old-girl to “cover herself!”
- Top 8 Android Security Apps – cost-effective, easy-to-use security apps for your Droid!
- Security Badge Abuse at DFW Airport – So, when is it okay for airport employees to use their badges to allow family members and friends to access security areas or skip checkpoints to board flight? Ummmm, NEVER!
- The United States One Hundred Dollar Bill Gets a Security Makeover – Have you seen the new 3-D security ribbon, embedded with images of bells that change to the number “100?” Or, how about the Liberty Bell, embedded in an inkwell on the front of the bill?
About the Author
Ginger Hill is Group Social Media Manager.