System Galaxy Enhanced to Provide Higher Levels of Integration
At ISC West, Galaxy Control Systems, a leading provider of integrated access control, video and security solutions, will demonstrate integration enhancements to its popular System Galaxy Software that provide higher levels of integration with products and systems from a growing number of access control providers.
"We are committed to continually growing and expanding the variety of System Galaxy's integrations with more systems and hardware from more manufacturers, which enhances our partners' ability to provide their customers with a more robust and fully
integrated access control solution," said Robert Laughlin, President, Galaxy Control Systems.
The new integrations being demonstrated at ISC West are:
- Enhanced support for Sagem/MorphoTrak products. This new platform
includes fully integrated support for the newly released MorphoManager BioRidge Software and allows seamless integration across various types of biometric units offered by Sagem, and will bridge the gap between the company's new products, as well as support for legacy items.
- Elevator Control Support. In its latest software release, Galaxy has enhanced support for OTIS Compasss V3 and Schindler PORT intelligent elevator systems. This is part of an ongoing effort to add expanded features offered by each company.
- Expanded Feature Support for Allegion AD Series Wireless Locks. At the request of a large school district, Galaxy further expanded its feature set support for these locks to include the ability to enable Privacy Mode during operation. This enhancement resulted in a sole source award for more than 1,200 wireless locks installed across all of the school district's buildings.
- Support for ASSA ABLOY WiFi Locks. Galaxy has added support for the latest ASSA ABLOY Sargent Profile Series WiFi-enabled locksets. Based on its ever- expanding support for a variety of ASSA ABLOY products and brands, Galaxy was recently appointed to the ASSA ABLOY Crystal Partner Program.
- Salient Systems CompleteView VMS Support. Partnering with Salient Systems, Galaxy now offers CompleteView video management system as an integrated option within System Galaxy, which came about as a direct result of requests from several valued Galaxy Business Partners.
These new integrations complement the robust, innovative capabilities and user features, unlimited scalability and ease of installation that make System Galaxy Software the most comprehensive access control and management platform on the market.
With System Galaxy, users can maintain their existing Galaxy access control hardware without having to invest in replacing their entire infrastructure. The solution also includes a DSI-based RS485 input module that reduces the cost of installation and provides faster data rates, and a log distributor to support SSL SMTP servers such as Gmail. Active Directory support enables real-time identity management, individualized identity- based door access, and the ability to generate specific reports for each screen view or credential holder. Data can be shared with other systems, including time and attendance, visitor management, time clocks and more. The system accommodates unlimited users and is accessible from mobile web browsers.
Installation time is dramatically reduced using a new TCP/IP network appliance that comes complete with System Galaxy embedded. By simply launching a shortcut from any LAN-connected PC, users can connect the appliance and use the Galaxy Client through an online connection. This capability eliminates the need to deploy or install software or servers, further reducing installation time and effort of onsite system setup, application installation and customization. The pre-configured appliance offers support for a pre-determined number of doors.