ISC Events Expands Security Portfolio with Launch of Connected Security Expo
Reed Exhibitions, the world's leading event organizer, today announced the further expansion of its Reed Global Security platform with the creation of Connected Security Expo @ ISC West sponsored by The Security Industry Association (SIA). The conference led event will debut April 6-8, 2016 in Las Vegas and will be co-located with the largest physical security event in the Americas, ISC West sponsored by SIA.
With Cloud, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and now Internet of Things (IoT) strategies continuing to take shape, logical and physical security leaders from almost every industry are being challenged to keep pace and secure their critical data, people, physical assets and supply chains across a more connected world.
The Connected Security Expo @ ISC West sponsored by SIA is a conference led event where industry professionals will experience physical security from an IT security lens. IT security professionals will join physical security leaders from a wide range of industries to explore how physical security can help mitigate cyber threats and bridge the gap between security and IoT.
"The coming of age of IoT is accelerating the need for security practitioners to work more closely together" said Larry Whiteside, CISO for Lower Colorado River Authority. “Forward thinking organizations are starting to close the gap that has historically existed between information security and physical security teams. An event like this will provide the forum to bring these audiences together to collaborate, discuss with vendors, practitioners and thought leaders.
There is a lot of opportunity for us to learn each other’s roles and scopes in a lot more detail which will help us make better decisions around connected security."
Connected Security Expo @ ISC West – Bringing Logical and Physical Security Together
With a focus on collaboration and learning, Connected Security Expo @ ISC West goes beyond the traditional tradeshow experience with a conference led event geared at exploring security in a more connected IoT world and learning from industry thought-leaders about the changes required in people, processes and technology to future-proof the security industry.
- Conference Led Event will explore the evolving role of Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) as they continue to connect the dots across their organization’s security posture. Designed for CISOs and their teams, the educational tracks focus on how to develop a holistic view of security from both a logical and physical stand point.
- Immersive Experiences delivered in a highly interactive exhibit hall format built to facilitate information sharing from security thought leaders, practitioners and exhibitors.
- Smart IoT Pavilions – Test drive the future in security vendor smart themed pavilions that leverage a combination of case studies, visual presentations and immersive showcases.
- Innovation Stage – Featuring IoT Security Smart Talks and Keynotes in the heart of exhibit floor.
- Technical Breakouts – Participate in interoperability Labs and “birds of a feather” sessions.
- Access to ISC West sponsored by SIA – Connected Security Expo conference badge holders will gain access to both the Connected Security Expo floor and the ISC West sponsored by SIA exhibition floor which contains over 1,000 security exhibitors and brands giving you the opportunity to collaborate with over 29,000 other security practitioners under one roof.
"Connected Security Expo at ISC West is designed to be a breakthrough learning, sourcing and collaborative experience for security professionals" said Ed Several, Senior Vice President & GM for Reed Exhibitions. "This conference led event provides the security industry with a unique and immersive platform to address the most complex challenges associated with a more connected world while exploring security innovations delivering combined visibility across logical and physical security."
"True convergence of IT and physical security is a reality that will be on display in an impactful way at Connected Security Expo at ISC West. SIA is proud to be the sponsor of this exciting new event that is yet another great example of how SIA and ISC Events are working together to drive success for our ever-changing industry" said Don Erickson, CEO, Security Industry Association.