Boon Edam Emphasizes the Theme of Tailgating Mitigation through Integrated Technologies at GSX 2019
Boon Edam Inc. recently announced they are emphasizing the theme of tailgating mitigation and integration in booth #1103 at the GSX (formerly ASIS) exhibition in Chicago, IL from September 10-12. GSX is an annual event that brings together over 20,000 participants from across the security profession for a week of networking, educational opportunities and discovering the latest security solutions. Boon Edam is also the official turnstile sponsor of the show.
Integrated Technologies for True Tailgating Mitigation
Access technologies, such as card readers and biometric devices, are critical for controlling entry to secure areas within a building. However, these solutions are only effective at mitigating tailgating when coupled with the appropriate entrance solution. Swinging doors do not stop one authorized person from opening the door and then holding it open for a number of others. Security entrances coupled with access technologies provide a complete solution that ensures only one person can enter per valid authorization.
The following solutions will be on display in Boon Edam's booth:
- Lifeline Speedlane Swing Optical Turnstile: The industry's slimmest optical turnstile will feature a custom, integrated pedestal that incorporates the MorphoWave™ touchless fingerprint technology from IDEMIA. This solution enables high throughput with the enhanced security of rapid biometric identification, all in a stylish, cohesive design.
- New! Lifeline Boost Access Control Pedestal: The Boost is a brand new, stylish access control pedestal designed by Boon Edam to complement the popular Lifeline optical turnstile series. The Boost will include the latest version of Essex's credential card reader, now with optical Bluetooth and OSDP capability, the iRox-T with BLE expands for HID Global's Mobile Access solutions.
- Tourlock 180+90 Security Revolving Door: The entrance of choice for the Fortune 500, the Tourlock will feature an AMAG Symmetry card reader to demonstrate access control integration paired with the door's uniquely high, bi-directional throughput and its ability to prevent tailgating and piggybacking without manned supervision.
- Circlelock Mantrap Portal: Offering the highest level of security available in an entrance, the Circlelock security portal prevents intrusion into the most sensitive areas such as data centers. The portal will be configured to demonstrate two-factor authentication: an AMAG Symmetry card reader on the outside of the portal conducts the initial authorization, while facial recognition provides instant authentication inside the portal. The secure, edge-based facial recognition access control device by Alcatraz, called the Rock, can also be experienced at their booth (GSX booth #1047).
- BoonConnect Software: An IP-addressable, proprietary software system providing diagnostic and configuration tools for the Tourlock security revolving door and Circlelock mantrap portal. Users can remotely access door operations and events using devices such as a tablet, laptop or smartphone via a secured corporate network.