Tips For Parents To Create Safer Schools
Patrick Fiel, ADT’s public security advisor and a former head of security for Washington, D.C. Public Schools, offers six steps parents can take to help create safer schools:
- Talk to your children about school security.
- Visit your child’s campus and talk with an administrator about the school’s security plan.
- Educate yourself on the plans, procedures and technologies working well at other schools.
- Get to know the law enforcement officials assigned to your child’s school.
- Join other parents who may also be concerned about the security of their children.
- Do not keep firearms easily accessible in your home.