Guardian 8 Creates New Category of Security Tools by Introducing Enhanced Non Lethal Device
Guardian 8 Corporation, a provider of innovative personal safety and security tools, today introduced a new class of defense products with the debut of the G8 Pro V2 at ISC West 2013, April 10-12, at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas. The product is the first in a new category of security products called enhanced non-lethals (ENL).
Available in the 2nd quarter for online sales, the G8 Pro V2 is a lightweight, duty-belt device designed to arm security guards with a single tool that provides multiple layers of defense, a command center communication link and automatic incident recordings of both audio and images.
“Liability, risk and state laws prevent security guards from using conventional law enforcement tools or other personal security devices, causing them to feel under-equipped to handle threatening situations,” said Steve Cochennet, Guardian 8’s CEO. “The G8 ProV2 provides a total solution that we believe will revolutionize the professional security industry. For less than the cost of a smart phone, security guards now have all the vital tools they need in a single portable device to take appropriate non-lethal actions mitigating risk and loss.”
The Importance of ENLs
ENL devices, like the G8 Pro V2, can be used as an alternative to traditional security devices such as batons, pepper spray, and weaponized flashlights. These traditional security tools focus on the user/threat interaction, and do not provide guards with a solution for communicating with authorities and supervisors or for documenting the nature and sequence of an engagement. The G8 Pro V2 is the only solution available that is legal to use in all 50 states as well as internationally and fully integrates several non-lethal technologies and a communications platform to provide a safer, personal defense solution.
The G8 Pro V2 was based on a first-generation design by Guardian 8 that received the ASIS Accolades “Security’s Best” Award in 2011. By incorporating industry feedback into the design and minimizing manufacturing costs, the innovative, new G8 Pro V2 ENL solution has evolved into a low-cost, small form-factor, easy-to-use device with features such as:
- Command Center Communications Link - Sends pre-recorded alert and enables “push-to-talk” communication with command center;
- Incident Auto-Record - Automatically captures and stores incident audio and images;
- Camera - Captures high-resolution images and high-definition videos of incidents;
- Strobe Light - Restricts attacker’s field of vision and improves user’s situational awareness;
- LED Laser Spotter - Communicates warning and improves accuracy with O.C. pepper spray;
- O.C. Pepper Spray - Disorients and disrupts attacker;
- Alert Siren - Calls attention to the incident scene and can disrupt attacker momentum;
- Device Customization – User interface allows maximum flexibility to control or deactivate features to suit customer security policies and protocols; and
- Ergonomic Design – Compact form factor features ambidextrous controls for broader use.
Unique Layered Defense Solution
With its unique combination of low-impact tools, the G8 Pro V2 provides a layered defense as an alternative to force from up to 50 feet away, establishing overlapping protection zones with increasing levels of non-lethal response. These layered defense levels include:
- Level 1 – The G8 Pro V2 laser spotter, camera and auto-record functionality can be used in an attempt to modify a subject’s behavior.
- Level 2 – The G8 Pro V2 can send a pre-recorded message via a user’s mobile phone and enable push-to-talk capabilities. In addition, an alerting siren and strobe light can be used to call attention to the incident and disorient the subject.
- Level 3 – Users can activate O.C. pepper spray to incapacitate aggressive subjects from up to 10 feet away.
Pricing and Availability
The G8 ProV2 is available in the 2nd quarter of 2013 and will retail for $279. To learn more about the G8 ProV2 and where to purchase the device, visit Guardian 8 at Booth 16142 during ISC West or go to www.guardian8.com.