SIA Calls for Nominations for 2015 George R. Lippert Memorial Award
The Security Industry Association (SIA) issued a call for nominations for the George R. Lippert Memorial Award. The Lippert Award, as it’s known in the security industry, is presented annually to honor a distinguished individual from a SIA Member company for long-term, selfless service to the security industry and to SIA.
The award is named in honor of Mr. Lippert, who dedicated more than 20 years of his life to the security industry and SIA. In 1967, Mr. Lippert purchased a company called Cameras for Industry. He served in leadership positions with Morse Security Group, Aritech and Linear Corp. Mr. Lippert was elected to the SIA Board of Directors in 1971, and served on the board for 17 years. His insights and efforts had a lasting impacting on SIA’s standards program and many other initiatives that benefited the industry.
Recipients of the George R. Lippert Memorial Award are individuals who exhibit the same characteristics as Mr. Lippert, providing exceptional service to the security industry and SIA. To qualify, a nominee for the award must be:
- Employed in the security industry for more than 10 years with a manufacturer, integrator, distributor or service provider;
- Affiliated with a company that is a SIA Member in good standing;
- Respected as a leader in SIA and the industry;
- Viewed as a goodwill ambassador for SIA and the industry, as demonstrated by activities with various industry segments, such as regulatory agencies, industry associations, etc.; and
- Recognized as honest, responsible, courteous and kind.
When evaluating candidates nominated for the award, the SIA Lippert Award Committee will consider their long-term service to SIA and the security industry, the impact of their efforts on behalf of SIA and the industry, and their integrity, leadership and diplomacy as demonstrated in industry dealings.
Deadline for the submission of nominees is Monday, August 10. SIA will announce the winner of the Lippert Award during SIA Honors Night: Celebrating Performance, Partnerships and People in the Security Industry in New York City on Wednesday, Nov. 18.