IDIS Highlights Retail Video Surveillance Solutions in NRF PROTECT Loss Prevention Expo Debut
Global surveillance powerhouse, IDIS, will follow up the well-received launch of its North American brand business with its first appearance at the NRF PROTECT Loss Prevention Exposition and Conference in Philadelphia, PA this June. IDIS celebrated the first anniversary of its debut in the Americas at the ISC West 2016 tradeshow, and NRF PROTECT is a key element of IDIS America’s exhibition schedule for 2016, offering IDIS the opportunity to showcase the specific application of its total surveillance solution in retail environments.
IDIS will be showcasing the latest generation of its total solution technologies at NRF PROTECT, including its flagship DirectIP™ platform and a number of proprietary technologies with specific relevance to retail end-users. IDIS offerings, including the new 5MP 360-degree Fisheye Camera with complete panoramic viewing, groundbreaking Smart UX Controls with innovative “rubber band” and “slingshot" PTZ tracking, and new IDIS VA in the Box video analytics offer comprehensive protection options for warehouses, back offices, and retail floors alike. IDIS technology provides users with world-class, award-winning technology and innovation with a lower total cost of ownership, setting itself apart from many other vendors in the retail surveillance space.
Although this is the first retail industry tradeshow that IDIS has attended since its American debut in 2015, IDIS retail solutions have been well received in the European Union by retailers, such as leading supermarket chain Albert Heijn, owned and operated by Dutch company and international retailing group, Ahold. The Albert Heijn location in Veldhoven had trusted IDIS OEM systems for over ten years to limit shoplifting and analyze pedestrian routes and foot traffic. When the store decided to upgrade from their analog system to an IP solution powered by IDIS DirectIP, the entire installation was completed in under two days and included 16 DirectIP HD cameras with a 32-channel network video recorder (NVR), utilizing multi-spot monitors and a client PC with IDIS Center video management software (VMS). IDIS solutions have also been successfully deployed in consumer retail warehouses in Manchester, UK, one such installation featured eight NVRs and 140 Full HD cameras to deliver optimal coverage across each of the 150 meter-long, 32 aisles of the warehouse.
Among the technology to be featured by IDIS at NRF PROTECT booth #823 is:
- IDIS DirectIP, a complete range of cameras, monitors, NVRs, and accessories able to leverage a revolutionary non-server, NVR-based approach to bring unparalleled simplicity, high performance, and affordability together as never before.
- IDIS Solution Suite, a highly scalable and flexible VMS, offering a unified user experience across different technology platforms in a modular manner that delivers customized feature sets at an affordable price point.
- IDIS DirectCX, the company’s high definition surveillance solution for coaxial cable installations with support for HD-TVI 2.0, provided completely free of licensing fees or software charges, further lowering costs for users.
- IDIS 5MP 360-degree Fisheye Camera, with unparalleled dewarping technology on client for ePTZ, auto-pan functions, and support for varied image layouts, together with camera-side dewarping for DirectIP NVRs. By providing complete field of view coverage, the IDIS Fisheye Camera significantly reduces the number of cameras required to cover a particular area, resulting in lower cost of ownership.
- IDIS Smart UX Controls present operators with an advanced yet accessible user interface, delivering super smooth “rubber band” and “slingshot” PTZ tracking and monitoring that are genuine breakthroughs in the industry. Intuitive visual feedback enables users to easily pan and tilt images at different speeds and in different directions.
- IDIS VA in the Box video analytics, including People Counting, Heat Mapping, and Queue Management are new features with significant retail applications, enabling business opportunities through a marriage of state-of-the art surveillance technology and increased business intelligence through analytics.