Dedication Not to Be Taken Lightly at ISC West 2014
- By Ginger Hill
- Apr 01, 2014
Dedication…I have been pondering this word since non-morning person, me, booked my flight to ISC West 2014 at 5:30am on March 12, 2014! Oh yes, Starbucks will definitely be my friend as I wake up at 2:15am on Wednesday morning to fly from Dallas to Houston and then from Houston to Las Vegas to make my first appointment of the day at 10:00am.
According to Merriam-Webster, "dedication" means "a feeling of very strong support for or loyalty to someone or something." While I feel strong support and loyalty toward ISC West, security professionals are taking the word "dedication" to a whole new level.
The professional security community doesn't take helping children in crisis lightly, and this is seen in the numerous charitable events and programs that will take place at ISC West 2014 as direct competitors rub shoulders and allies share joyous moments all in the name of making the world a better place for those less fortunate. You see, this is where true dedication comes in as security professionals freely give their time, feet and knees to standing on the hard, concrete, convention floor for hours and days on end, engaging with passersby, while taking the time to wake up early and stay up into the late hours of the night to support children.
As you stroll around the showroom floor and interact with companies, take time to stop and give them a high-five for their support and loyalty to children in need who they've probably never even met!
Here are your goals for ISC West 2014:
April 2, 2014
- Before going onto the showroom floor, meet HID Global at the ISC West Visitor Registration area at 10am and spend a few minutes helping to assemble school supplies in backpacks that will be donated to a Title One school in the Las Vegas area.
- Swing by Altronix Corporation's booth (#23057) and ask about their Visitor Appreciation Donation Program. Altronix will donate $2 to Mission 500 per show attendee who registers.
- Attend COPS Monitoring's Bonanza Gathering from 6pm until 10pm at Gilley's Treasure Island to eat, drink and dance the night away…country style! Want to win some cash or how about some other cool prizes? All you have to do is crawl up on the mechanical bull and ride for 8 seconds! For every person who attends this event, COPS Monitoring will make a donation to Mission 500.
- After you've had your fun at Gilly's, head on over to the Hakkasan Nightclub where you'll find Pelco at the MGM Grand from 7pm to 10pm featuring a video and photos from a kit build the company recently staged for Mission 500. This is your chance to see donated money hard at work!
April 3, 2014
- Schedule a 6:30am wakeup call! Grab your favorite cup of joe and then head out to sidewalks around the Venetian to cheer on those security professionals participating in the Security 5K/2K, a charity run/walk, at 7:30am. All proceeds generated from their sweaty participation will go to Mission 500.
Last but certainly not least, be sure to take a selfie and Tweet it to @GingerHill13 as you complete each of your ISC West 2014 goals!
Ginger Hill is Group Social Media Manager.