Clear Congested Networks with the IDEAL LanXPLORER PRO
To help network administrators identify sources of congestion and troubleshoot service issues, IDEAL Networks offers its LanXPLORER PRO, an in-line gigabit network tester capable of troubleshooting passive and active LAN connections over both copper and fiber. It also features a Network Discovery/Verify function to identify all active network devices and compare them against previous device lists.
Network faults or slow performance can have a direct impact on the profitability of any business. The LanXPLORER PRO resolves issues quickly to reduce network downtime, and cost-effectively meets the testing needs of professionals installing or maintaining IT systems in enterprise, campus or industrial Ethernet environments. In addition to testing active LAN connections over copper and fiber, the LanXPLORER PRO can wirelessly connect to LANs via Wi-Fi (802.11 b, g and n), meaning the user doesn't need to make physical contact with the network.
Key features include:
- In-Line (RJ-45) allows monitoring of network traffic between any two points in the network to diagnose Ethernet issues that cannot be detected by software tools running on a PC or managed switch;
- Identifies top 10 band width consuming devices (both transmitting and receiving) on the network to help troubleshooting;
- Identifies source of network conflicts (copper) such as unintentionally adding DHCP servers or devices using duplicate IP addresses;
- Integrates Ethernet diagnostics, cable testing and PoE testing in a portable handheld device;
- Performs PoE/PoE+ load tests to determine the maximum power available to a PoE device at its installed location; and
- Captures history of Min/Max/Avg bandwidth consumption, frame sizes and Ethernet protocols.
The LanXPLORER PRO is supplied with a convenient carrying case including a CD instruction manual, quick reference guide, two RJ45 STP patch cables, a smart remote adapter and batteries.