Tips: Best Security Practices For Mobile Workers
The National Cyber Security Alliance offers tips for mobile worker security.
- Use effective passwords that are changed every 90 days.
- Update anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
- Download necessary patches to operating systems regularly.
- Create backups of all important data and files.
- Encrypt sensitive data.
- Have an emergency response plan for wireless security breaches.
- Marry proactive education with proper technology that protects connections to networks, mobile and wireless devices as they leave corporate environments, and re-entry of those devices into the same corporate environments as they reconnect to their networks. This includes a defense-in-depth wireless (and wired) security infrastructure that incorporates virtual private networking, device and endpoint protection, intrusion detection, admission control, effective management, etc.