Tips: Watch out for Fraudulent Security Company Employees
Protection 1 offers tips to protect yourself from fraudulent security company employees.
- You do not have to let them into your home.
- Ask for -- and closely inspect -- their credentials and identification.
- Ask for proof of a city-provided neighborhood solicitation permit.
- Ask if the company is local, regional, or national and where they are based.
- Do not be misled by false police reports.
- If you are presented with a contract, verify the company name and address by calling Protection 1 or the company mentioned immediately.
- Do not be pressured into signing a contract -- remember your FTC “right to cancel” a contract within 72 hours if it is signed at your home.