STR3EM V3 Demonstrates UltraViolet Inspired Technology Integrated with Facebook
STR3EM, a digital entertainment access rights software provider, recently announced the worldwide licensing availability of the third major version update to their Facebook integrated middleware platform.
As content providers worldwide continue the growing transition to selling and renting digital media products through the Internet, initiatives from STR3EM, DECE's UltraViolet and Disney's Keychest promise a similar goal of allowing consumers to buy digital rights once and gain access on multiple devices.
V3 updates the company's established product line with a list of features designed to help content providers and retailers upgrade their existing websites with a self-contained "plugin" type of application that delivers an all-in-one access rights coordinator and streaming delivery platform. Facebook login credentials are accepted from the more than 800 million people who use Facebook, in unison with redemption tokens called KodeKeys to grant people who use Facebook access rights to V3 applications. People can share access with a limited number of their connected Facebook friends according to sharing rules established by the system administrator.
The full list of new features announced for STR3EM V3 is:
- V3 streaming pages with auto device detection and default compatibility for Flash with Adobe Access, Silverlight with PlayReady, and iOS encrypted HTTP Live Streaming.
- CMS style title setup.
- KodeKey prefix filter to convert previously generated access codes into a compliant KodeKey.
- STR3EM Device File specification and auto-generation from V3 pages.
- Updated WSDL interface.
- Subscription service ready with restriction access controls.
- Screener Mode for a secure playback environment of movie screeners.
- RDBMS database free and uses STR3EM developed Amazon S3 data-store method.
- Facebook sharing is activated on the title level and not universally over all titles.
- Facebook sharing rules can be set by the administrator to any desired level.
STR3EM is demonstrating V3 to evaluate partnership opportunities to start new digital ecosystem brands in worldwide territories. V3 is also the reference application for developers who are building digital ecosystems and are interested in licensing the company's USPTO patent-pending and published Personalized Digital Media Access System specification (PDMAS).