Report: 34 Percent of IT Pros Have BYOD Policies in Place
InformationWeek Reports, a service provider for peer-based IT Research and analysis, has released the results of its 2012 Alternative Application Delivery Survey. The survey polled nearly 500 IT pros.
- 34% Of IT Pros Have "Bring Your Own Device" Policies In Place Now
- 50% say allowing application access via any device, anywhere is a top driver for use of alternative application delivery, but methods to actually provide that access vary.
- 70% of our survey respondents identify security as a very important facet of an application delivery strategy, yet just 33% are very satisfied with the security features in their application delivery products.
- 45% say 26% or more of their business applications are deliverable via alternative (non-local PC client) methods.
- 42% use VMware ThinApp to encapsulate or centrally administer applications, but Microsoft App-V is hot on its heels with 38%.
- 28% have conducted a TCO/ROI study to determine whether VDI would be a cost neutral, cost positive or cost negative project; of those, 39% say costs would be somewhat or much less than their current desktop strategies.