Nominations Now Open for 2013 WSC Women of the Year Awards
The Women’s Security Council has announced that nominations are now open for their second annual WSC Women of the Year Awards, which honors the top female professionals in the security industry in a variety of categories.
The Women’s Security Council (WSC) first launched its awards program last year, and it had great success. The program recognizes top female professionals in the physical security industry in a variety of categories. At ISC West 2012, seven amazing women who have significantly contributed to their company’s success as well as industry milestones were honored.
Here is a list of last year’s winners:
· Erica Wood, CSO, American Fire & Security
· Patricia Schmitt, president and CEO, Aegis Protective Services
· Carole Dougan, VP of Strategic Accounts, Arecont Vision
· Debby Maffei, National Account manager, ScanSource Security
· Michele Freadman, Deputy Director of Aviation Security Operations, Boston Logan International Airport
· Amy Kothari, president and CEO, Alarm Capital Alliance
· Renee Mallonee, Dealer Marketing manager, Monitronics International
Nominees are judged based upon the leadership they have exhibited in the industry and at their companies, and the ways they have given back to the business community by mentoring or supporting other women in the security market. The WSC Founding Committee and select WSC members spearhead the review process.
All nominees, SIA members and WSC supporters are invited to attend the event honoring the award recipients at ISC West 2013 in Las Vegas. The award winners will be formally announced at WSC’s 2013 Awards Reception, profiled in the special April eWSC awards newsletter and announced in an official WSC press release to be distributed at ISC West.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please complete the online nomination form.