CPM East to Bring Together Government, Enterprise and First Responders to Share Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
Faced with natural disasters like SuperStorm Sandy and other times of crisis, businesses and government agencies have realized the importance of being able to remain in operation despite the challenges they may face. From May 13-15, CPM East joins with GovSec – the Government Security Conference and Expo – to bring together the public and private sectors, with first responders, to share the strategies and products needed for effective disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
"By hosting CPM East and GovSec in a single location, we are able to provide a unique forum where security, continuity of operations (COOP) and business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) professionals, as well as first responders, can become well versed in the common challenges they face and solutions they can rely on to prepare for and respond to natural or manmade disasters," said Don Berey, senior event director for CPM East. "Attendees will see even more benefits through the support of industry leaders, including the Association of Continuity Professionals, Disaster Resource Guide, DRI International and Mid-Atlantic Disaster Recovery Association."
CPM East provides attendees with the opportunity to explore exhibits; attend the conference, workshops and free educational sessions; and network with their peers to expand their knowledge of the tools and best practices required for recovering from natural disasters, accidents or intentional acts quickly, with minimum disruption and cost. Highlights of CPM East include:
Conference and Workshops
CPM East's Conference and Workshops enable attendees to cross-train by participating in educational sessions and workshops in their core focus areas, as well as those offered by GovSec. This paid programming addresses prevention, mitigation and response for incidents relative to counter and anti-terrorism, critical infrastructure protection, cyber terrorism and cybercrime, access control and video surveillance, and school security and safety issues. Sessions of interest to COOP and BC/DR professionals include:
- Improving Identity Management for Critical Infrastructure Protection and Crisis Re-entry
- Creating Measurable Matrixes in Your Continuity Program
Business Continuity Plan: Development, Approach and Execution Based on an Actual Event - Ada County, Idaho Case Study
- How to Provide Resilience During a Disruptive Event: Using the BCP Suite Solution Tools
- Supply Chain Disruptions – Minimizing Threats to the Vitality, Viability and Survivability of Your Organization
- Cyber Disruption Planning: Can You Survive Without the Internet?
- Can your BCP Strategy and Cloud Services Play Nicely Together?
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP) – How to Turn This Overlooked Tool Into a Security Weapon
- Dangerous Disconnect: Public & Private Sectors Misunderstand Their Partnership in Emergency Response
Critical Incident Stress Management: How to Avoid Anxiety During Emergencies
- Mercy Joplin Hospital Case Study: Lessons Learned from the Joplin Tornado
- Continuity and Resilience: Surviving the Super Storm Hurricane Sandy
- Crisis and Infrastructure Challenges
- Collaboration: How Are We Doing? A Necessary Foundation in Emergency Management
- Next-Generation IT Disaster Recovery: Beyond the Cloud to Embracing Agility
- Conducting Successful Table Top Exercises
- Active Shooter/Extreme Violence in the Workplace: Learn What the FBI Uses to Train
- Managing Information Exposure: How to Successfully Apply the Red Flags Rule
- The Disaster Experience (a mock disaster exercise)
Leadership in Crisis & High Stress Situations
- Ensuring a Successful Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
Supply Chain Resilience: Proactive Strategies for Minimizing and Mitigating Disruptions
CPM East also features a two-day free Expo – open to all qualified attendees – during which industry leading industry vendors will showcase their latest products and services for crisis and first responder communications, command and control centers, critical incident response, data centers and data recovery, business continuity and incident management software, weather-related products and services, and much more.
Also, as part of the Expo, attendees can take advantage of free education sessions on topics such as:
- BCP Certification for the Public Sector Professional
- Security's Role in Continuity Planning: What You Need to Know
- Ensuring Resilience Through Effective Continuity Planning
Get Alerts, Stay Alive: FEMA's Integrated Public Alert and Warning System
- Keeping People Safe and Secure in Federal Facilities
Free Keynote Addresses
Keynote addresses are free and open to all registered attendees of CPM East, GovSec and TREXPO, the Law Enforcement Expo. Featured keynotes include:
- General Stanley McChrystal, "The State of International Affairs and the Security Challenges Facing America"
- Former Washington Redskins Quarterback and entrepreneur Joe Theismann, "Managing to Win!"
Early bird registration rates are available until March 8, 2013. To register or for more information, please visit the CPM East website at www.cpm-east.com.