TREXPO Joins Forces with GovSec to Establish Event Showcasing and Tools for Law Enforcement
This year, TREXPO is joining forces with GovSec– the Government Security Conference and Expo – to bring together leaders in law enforcement, military, security and federal agencies in a single location, where more can be learned about the tactical training, technology and services required to gain an advantage in ensuring public safety and security. Scheduled for May 13-15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., TREXPO will enable credentialed law enforcement professionals to enhance their Police Week experience by attending free exhibits, educational sessions and demonstrations, and receiving discounted registration for the conference and workshops.
“By offering free and discounted programming, TREXPO gives law enforcement departments and agencies a cost-effective way to provide their officers and employees with valuable training and exposure to the latest tools and tactics in law enforcement,” said Don Berey, senior event director for TREXPO. “The combination of TREXPO and GovSec allows for the fusion of two audiences – law enforcement and government security professionals – who share the common goal of ensuring the safety of our communities and critical infrastructure.”
Enhanced Police Week Experience
While in town for Police Week events, law enforcement also can attend TREXPO to make the most of their visit to Washington, D.C. On Tuesday, May 14, TREXPO is hosting Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, featuring special programming. In addition, the first 250 current and credentialed first responders to attend will receive a free lunch in the exhibit hall, and the first 250 in uniform will receive a limited edition TREXPO challenge coin.
On Wednesday, May 15, at 11 a.m., there will be a moment of silence at GovSec and TREXPO, when the National Peace Officers' Memorial Service will honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and to support the law enforcement officers from around the world, converging in Washington, D.C. for the memorial.
Free Special Presentation by Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
This year, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about “The Bulletproof Mind: Psychological and Physiological Preparation for Combat,” a special presentation on May 14 by Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman, who will discuss the new breed of domestic and international terrorism while sharing his expertise on prevention, response and survival.
Special Conference Rates
Active federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement personnel can choose to attend the TREXPO conference for one or two days, at rates of $99 or less. Sessions on the agenda include:
- Building Law Enforcement Intelligence Operation Center on a Budget
- Terrorism and Patrol Officers
- Decisive Force Strategies, Tactics and Planning
- GANGS: The Ever-Changing Threat to Our Communities
- Active Shooter/Extreme Violence in the Workplace: Learn What the FBI Uses to Train
- Managing Information Exposure: How to Successfully Apply the Red Flags Rule
- Decision Making: Leadership in Crisis and High Stress Situations
- The Terrorist-Criminal Nexus: An Alliance of International Drug Cartels, Organized Crime and Terror Groups
- Anit-terrorism for Law Enforcement & Security: News You Can Use and What You Can Do about the Threat
- Mass Notification: Identifying the Gaps in Broadcasting Emergency Information
TREXPO also features a two-day free Expo – open to all qualified attendees – during which leading industry vendors will showcase their latest products and services for first responder communications, counterterrorism, digital evidence management, firearms storage and security, forensic tools, in-vehicle video systems, license plate recognition systems, mobile apps, mobile command centers, personal protection equipment, threat detection and identification systems, traffic control and enforcement, and uniforms.
Free Education and Demonstrations
Also, as part of the Expo, attendees can take advantage of free education sessions and demonstrations in the exhibit hall. Topics include:
- K-9 Explosive Detection Team Demo
- Demonstration of Police Cyclist Techniques and Tactics
- K-9 Interdiction Demo
- Providing Technology Tools and Assistance to Support the Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement Mission
- FBI LEO: Secure Communication and Information Sharing for Law Enforcement
- Transferring Excess DOD Property from Warfighter to Crimefighter
- Federal Grants for Homeland Security & Law Enforcement
- Why Cybercrime has become the Perfect Crime
Free Keynote Addresses
Keynote addresses are free and open to all registered, TREXPO attendees. This year’s keynote addresses will feature General Stanley McChrystal discussing “The State of International Affairs and the Security Challenges Facing America” and former Washington Redskins Quarterback and Entrepreneur, Joe Theismann, who will talk about “Managing to Win!”
Law Enforcement Community Support
Attendees will see even more benefits through the support of industry leaders, including Fairfax County Law Enforcement Foundation, FBI National Academy Associates, Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, International Police Mountain Bike Association, Loudoun Crime Commission, Maryland Sheriff’s Association, National Association of Police Organizations, National Sheriff’s Association, PoliceGrantsHelp.com, PoliceOne.com, Virginia State Police Association and Women in Federal Law Enforcement, as well as media sponsors POLICE magazine and BLUtube.
To register or for more information about TREXPO, please visit www.TREXPO.com