Staying Organized and On Schedule at ASIS 2013
- By Ginger Hill
- Sep 20, 2013
It's time to get in the tradeshow spirit as ASIS International's 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits begins on Tuesday! With exhibits, professional tours, sessions including keynote, general and educational, the CSO Roundtable, Law Enforcement/Military Appreciation Day, and the Security Store, it is easy to get lost in the shuffle. The following will help you make the most of your ASIS 2013 experience.
Here are some simple things that you can do to help enhance ASIS 2013:
- Wear comfortable shoes;
- Bring a light-weight bag or backpack to store handouts/freebies;
- Pack a bottle of water and some snacks like granola bars, peanut butter sandwich crackers or nuts and dried fruit;
- Establish goals of what you want to accomplish by attending; and
- Bring plenty of business cards.
Free Show Planning Tools
ASIS International has provided a free, online planning tool that includes all details about sessions, products, services and exhibitors. Simply create a login using your email address and add a password, then search for exhibitors by company/organization, product/service, keyword or booth number and search for sessions by session number, speaker, keyword, date, track or organization.
This login also gives access to "My Agenda" where attendees can create a daily plan with the calendar feature in order to accomplish their seminar goals.
A free ASIS 2013 Mobile App is also available, providing easy-to-use capabilities such as:
- Dashboard: keeps you organized with up-to-the-minute exhibitor, speaker, event and education information;
- About ASIS International Seminar and Exhibits: keeps all event information on your smartphone;
- My Schedule: one click schedule organizer;
- Alerts: receive real-time messages from the event organizer;
- Exhibit Hall Map: easily locate exhibitors;
- Rate sessions and comment on them; and
- Social Media: built-in Twitter feeds allow you to join in the show Tweets.
Oh, and speaking of social media, don't forget to use the hashtag #ASIS13 to follow the show, get breaking news and win cool prizes!
This app is available for download at the Apple App Store or on Google Play, and for those with Blackberry devices a hybrid web-based app has been created.
Ginger Hill is Group Social Media Manager.