Lenel OnGuard Open Solution Offers Several Migration Path Options for Casi Customers
Lenel Systems International is now offering flexible migration programs to enable users of legacy Casi systems to migrate to Lenel’s flagship OnGuard solution. Existing systems included in the migration program are Picture Perfect and Facility Commander Wnx (FC Wnx). Lenel is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp.
“Lenel believes in offering open systems to customers through hardware that is supported by more than 20 access control software companies and through software that interfaces with more than 100 third-party partners and more than 200 products,” said Ross McKay, director, access and video solutions, UTC Building & Industrial Systems. “We’re excited to bring these benefits to both Picture Perfect and Facility Commander customers with a hardware replacement option that can, in many cases, be deployed without using a screwdriver.”
Alternatively, a cost-effective option is available for PXNplus customers to re-flash the firmware and allow existing hardware to interact with OnGuard. Because both hardware- and firmware-based migration options can coexist, many customers will deploy both. Each option allows customers to continue to use existing cards, readers, door interfaces, wiring infrastructure and supervised friend-to-friend (F2F) protocols.
The thousands of FC Wnx customers around the world will continue to derive benefits from their software and hardware investments. FC Wnx will synchronize with Interlogix TruVision digital video recorders (DVRs) and network video recorders (NVRs), including two new releases over the next six months – supporting the TVR 11, TVR 41 and TVR 60 DVRs and the TVN 20, TVN 21 and TVN 50 NVRs. The current Micro and ACU hardware will also continue to be available, and firmware upgradeable, to provide a path to OnGuard. Additionally, the Micro enclosures and ACU reader and input/output boards can be retained to work with the next-generation footprint-compatible Mercury retrofit panel solution. This comprehensive software, hardware and firmware strategy preserves customers’ historical investments and provides FC Wnx customers an opportunity to grow and evolve their existing system while they plan their move to OnGuard.
A similar program for either firmware flash or board replacement is planned for InfoGraphics/ACU-based customers in 2015.
Lenel recently announced simplification and consolidation of its product portfolio to continue to evolve world-class products via a single, feature-rich, open platform. This OnGuard platform and redefined focus is already delivering best-in-class innovation, with several successful migrations currently underway and new sites committing daily.
Lenel’s transition paths focus on four key benefits:
- A cost-effective switch – including free equivalent OnGuard software for customers with a current service agreement and project-based pricing on hardware;
- A simple transition – via firmware and open hardware migration options and a single tech support contact;
- Minimal risk – because only Lenel knows every inch of its customers’ current system and OnGuard platform; and
- Industry leadership – the most robust, experienced services team in the industry, including Professional Engineering Services, Embedded Services, Remote Managed Services and Custom Solutions.
Advantages of OnGuard include:
- A feature-rich solution – including Web-based applications and wireless lock support;
- Strong video interface – including access to Prism open Internet protocol video management system and support for more than 350 third-party cameras; and
- Open system and flexible integration – including the OpenAccess Alliance Program with more than 100 partners and more than 200 products.