ADT to Offer New Remote and Mobile Products

ADT to Offer New Remote and Mobile Products

ADT to Offer New Remote and Mobile ProductsADT, the 140-year-company based out of Boca Raton, has announced partnerships with incubators in Silicon Valley and New York City as well as plans to reach out to startups in South Florida, according to a story.

“While we can come up with some really cool devices and apps, we’ll never out-innovate all of the startups. We want to work with them,” said Arthur Orduna, ADT’s chief innovation officer.

ADT now finds itself in direct competition with the cable, smart-phone and tech companies. Orduna however, feels differently.

“There’s more of a natural reason for us to work together,” said Orduna.

App development is one area ADT have been looking at extensively, proven by their $25 million investment in Life360, a startup that developed the Canopy app. The app allows users to set up circles of friends and family and alerts them when someone is coming and going. The next phase of this is something ADT calls the Chaperone service, intended for the safety of children when going to and from school.

Analysts predict major telecommunications providers like Verizon, who recently dropped its home and control service, to partner with ADT. If that happens, they expect the other competitors in that field to follow.

ADT also intends to target renters and the DIY market. The company claims only 20 percent of homes have security systems, and they want to target the remaining 80 percent.

About the Author

Matt Holden is an Associate Content Editor for 1105 Media, Inc. He received his MFA and BA in journalism from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He currently writes and edits for Occupational Health & Safety magazine, and Security Today.

Featured

  • President Biden Issues Executive Order to Bolster U.S Port Cybersecurity

    On Wednesday, President Biden issued an Executive Order to bolster the security of the nation’s ports, alongside a series of additional actions that will strengthen maritime cybersecurity and more Read Now

  • Report: 15 Percent of All Emails Sent in 2023 Were Malicious

    VIPRE Security Group recently released its report titled “Email Security in 2024: An Expert Look at Email-Based Threats”. The 2024 predictions for email security in this report are based on an analysis of over 7 billion emails processed by VIPRE worldwide during 2023. This equates to almost one email for everyone on the planet. Of those, roughly 1 billion (or 15%) were malicious. Read Now

  • ASIS Announces ANSI-Approved Cannabis Security Standard

    ASIS International, a leading authority in security standards and guidelines, proudly announces the release of a pioneering American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-approved standard dedicated to cannabis security. This best-in-class standard, meticulously developed by industry experts, sets a new benchmark by providing comprehensive requirements and guidance for the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and maintenance of a cannabis security program. Read Now

  • ISC West Announces Keynote Lineup

    ISC West, in collaboration with premier sponsor the Security Industry Association (SIA), announced this year’s dynamic trio of speakers that will headline the Keynote Series at ISC West 2024. Read Now

    • Industry Events

Featured Cybersecurity

Whitepapers

New Products

  • Compact IP Video Intercom

    Viking’s X-205 Series of intercoms provide HD IP video and two-way voice communication - all wrapped up in an attractive compact chassis. 3

  • AC Nio

    AC Nio

    Aiphone, a leading international manufacturer of intercom, access control, and emergency communication products, has introduced the AC Nio, its access control management software, an important addition to its new line of access control solutions. 3

  • Unified VMS

    AxxonSoft introduces version 2.0 of the Axxon One VMS. The new release features integrations with various physical security systems, making Axxon One a unified VMS. Other enhancements include new AI video analytics and intelligent search functions, hardened cybersecurity, usability and performance improvements, and expanded cloud capabilities 3