Home Security Tips for New Years Travels
- By Ginger Hill
- Dec 30, 2014
Happy 2015 from your friends at Security Today! We wish you and yours all the safety and security, happiness and the absolute best for the new year. To get you started on the right foot, here are some safety tips to enhance your home’s security while you're on vacation:
- Notify the post office to stop mail delivery to your address for the duration of your trip. Don’t forget about newspaper delivery, too!
- Place electronic timers in various rooms and set them to activate lights on a staggered schedule.
- Consider motion detector lights for the front and back of your property.
- Hire a landscaping service (or a neighborhood kid) to shovel snow while you’re away.
- If you have an alarm system, turn it on and be sure to inform the alarm company of your plans.
About the Author
Ginger Hill is Group Social Media Manager.