KnowBe4 Automates Security Awareness Training for IT
KnowBe4 announced the addition of Training Campaigns to the KnowBe4 Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training 2015 platform.
More than ever, employees are the weak link in network security. Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training is a high quality, interactive training program that uses case-studies, live demonstration videos, and short tests, combined with frequent year-round simulated phishing attacks. Case studies end with a short multiple choice test, and a phishing quiz is presented at the end of the training. KnowBe4 specializes in making sure employees understand the mechanisms of spam, phishing, spear-phishing, malware, and social engineering, and later able to apply this knowledge in their day-to-day job.
The new Training Campaigns feature will allow organizations to better control their training environment. KnowBe4 Training Campaigns provides learning management system functionality which gives IT an easy way to manage user training while providing sophisticated reporting. Training Campaigns allow an organization to create ongoing or deadline-based training campaigns for their employees. These campaigns can contain any or all of the courses and limit course availability by group. Training Campaigns can be set up to automatically send e-mail invitations and signup links to users, prompting them (at various intervals) to complete training by a specified time-frame. This functionality also allows administrators to train a group of users and pass them all at once.
“The Training Campaigns feature is by far the most requested by our customers,” said Stu Sjouwerman, CEO of KnowBe4. “When it comes to rolling out training for your users, this feature does the heavy lifting for you, saving time and effort associated with setup and chasing down users who need to finish their training for compliance purposes. Being the most popular platform for security awareness training program and simulated phishing gives us a distinct advantage as we work closely with our customers to gain feedback on the improvements they want and need. We understand our community of more than 1,500 customers need a more automated, yet effective security awareness training process, and we are delivering.”
Key features of Training Campaigns provide the ability to:
- Create ongoing (permanent) training campaigns for an organization;
- Set up campaigns with a specified deadline for training completion;
- Limit course availability for various groups of users;
- Automatically send enrollment emails to any number of users, inviting them to take the training;
- Automatically send follow up emails to nudge users who have yet to complete the training;
- Administrators can pass multiple users at once for group training environments;
- Auto-enroll new users who are added to a group or company (invite via email);
- Customizable email notification templates for enrollments and follow-up; and
- Point-of-failure training auto-enrollment.
The training campaign dashboard also lets users monitor a campaign’s status, completion percentage, and every individual’s progress at a glance. Additionally, campaigns can be extended past their initial deadline, and the amount of active campaigns can be limitless.