President of the ASIS International CSO Roundtable Appointed
Group Chief Security Officer at Zurich Insurance in Switzerland, Thomas Tidiks, CPP, has ascended to the presidency of the CSO Roundtable Advisory Board for 2013. Tidiks is one of the founding members of the Roundtable that began accepting members in April 2008. He served as vice president as well as co-chair of the Membership Committee in 2012. He became the first, non-North American to head the Roundtable in its five-year history, a year after Eduard Emde, CPP, became the first, non-North American to serve as the president of the Roundtable’s parent organization, ASIS International.
The CSO Roundtable of ASIS International is a private group designed to meet the needs of senior security professionals from the largest and most influential organizations in the world. The Advisory Board of the Roundtable helps set the strategic direction of and establish goals for the organization.
Elected as Vice President of the CSO Roundtable Advisory Board was Rick Kelly, CPP, director of global security with Ingersoll Rand of North Carolina. Kelly will take the reins as president of the Advisory Board in 2014.
Three new members have replaced exiting members on the board for 2013. The new members are:
- Dan Consalvo, CPP, manager corporate security, State Farm Insurance, Bloomington, Ill.
- Mike Howard, chief security officer, Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, Wash.
- Ty Richmond, CPP, senior vice president, global security, Sony Pictures, Culver City, Calif.
The other members of the nine-person body are:
- Russell Cancilla, vice president & chief security officer, Baker Hughes, Inc., Houston, Texas.
- Bryan J. Fort, CPP, director of corporate security, McCormick & Company, Inc., Sparks, Md.
- Edward McDonough, CPP, director of corporate security, Tyco International, Boca Raton, Fla.
- William Phillips, VP, chief security and safety officer, CNA Financial, Chicago, Ill.
The CSO Roundtable will hold its 6th Annual Spring Conference, “Lessons Learned. Problems Solved,” March 4-5, at the University Club in Chicago, Ill. Argo author, Tony Mendez, will keynote the event, which is open to CSO Roundtable members and those eligible to join.
Learn more online at http://www.csoroundtable.org