Verint Launches Integrated Audio and Video Solution for Enhanced Security
Verint Systems Inc. announced the launch of an integrated audio and video intelligence solution that provides command, control and communications centers, as well as public safety answering points (PSAPs) with a unified application interface to investigate incidents leveraging information from voice, video and other security systems.
The solution serves as a forensic tool that can provide public safety organizations and other critical infrastructure entities with a 360-degree view of captured data for expediting investigations, debriefings and training. Its integrated interface and advanced analytics enable audio and video to be analyzed together by capitalizing on the robust functionality in two proven Verint solutions:
- Nextiva Video Management Software is a comprehensive video management solution that offers policy-based video distribution, networked video viewing and investigation management to help security staff rapidly detect, act upon and investigate security breaches and other threats. Its automated video system health monitoring helps IT staff manage large, geographically-distributed, video operations and streamlines video system uptime to help ensure video availability.
- Audiolog Insight Center is a state-of-the-art, browser-based incident recreation application designed to help emergency response and public safety organizations meet mission-critical needs, including those arising from Next-Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1). Part of the Verint Audiolog for Public Safety multimedia recording solution, it can search multiple channels and display data captured from a variety of media on a single screen including audio, video, text, screen data, telematics, photos, telephone numbers and location data.
Featuring a timeline of all single and mixed-channel audio recordings, along with recorded video provided by Nextiva, the solution that became generally available in December, it can help public safety organizations investigate incidents using:
- Audio captured from radio, mobile phones, land line telephones, radio communications and microphones;
- Video captured from IP cameras and encoders;
- Aggregated audio and video gathered during investigations;
- Text messages, telematics, still images and related communications media; and
- Additional data from sources such as video content analysis, access control, and other business and security systems.
Leveraging Verint’s integrated audio and video solution, resource-challenged organizations can augment existing infrastructure and benefit from a complementary solution for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of investigations.
“This solution is a testament to Verint’s ongoing commitment to provide advanced situation intelligence solutions for customers across the critical infrastructure market,” said Steve Weller, senior vice president and general manager, Verint Video and Situation Intelligence Solutions. “It’s another example of how Verint is building on its more than 15 years of experience in capturing, recording and analyzing unstructured voice, video and data to protect people, property and assets, and make the world a safer place.”