Just as Thanksgiving dinner takes extreme planning (and maybe even some extreme "couponing" throw in) like sending out invitations, receiving confirmations, determining what dishes to make and serve, making an ingredient list, going to the grocery store, returning home and cooking, so does any trade show.
With GovSec West 2013 officially starting tomorrow at Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas, lots of planning, devising and scheming has been going on in the office of Security Today about how to efficiently conquer this event!
Just what is GovSec 2013 anyway?
It is the leading event for homeland security, law enforcement, cyber and physical security professionals looking for proven strategies and technologies to protect communities, critical infrastructures and key assets.
The conference part of the event offers:
- Breakout sessions: thought leaders and security experts cover relevant topics like anti-terrorism, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, cyber security, protecting critical infrastructure, campus security and more;
- Keynotes and special presentations: presentation of colors and national anthem followed by opening keynote, plus a Wednesday morning keynote and special guest speakers;
- Educational opportunities: learn about the latest technology and solutions by visiting vendor booths; and
- Network: talk to other professionals within your field.
The expo includes:
- Keynotes and special presentations: professionals discuss leadership, partnerships, challenges, communications, resilience all in the name of security;
- Presentations: from performance-based risk assessments to resolution surveillance to protecting critical infrastructure and more; and
- Demos: simulated emergency response training.
What has the Security Today and Security Products Magazine staff been up to?
Each of us have been assigned booths to swing by, so we can discover the latest and greatest when it comes to cutting-edge solutions in government security, their partners in the private sector and end users of these products.
While each editor has their own personal goals for the event, mine is to bring helpful tips and usable information from industry professionals, along with technological solutions, for security to you, our readers, in the form of Tweets, online articles and videos.
SPOILER ALERT - I’ll be talking to professionals from:
- Cardinal Tracking
- Disaster Resource Guide
- DSX Access
- KETCH Consulting
- Minuteman UPS
- Open Options
- Texas A&M University
- Tomar Electronics
- Video Insight
- Virtual Corporation
How can you keep up with GovSec 2013?
Be sure to follow me on Twitter (@GingerHill13) and bookmark our GovSec-dedicated webpage () to be on the inside scoop!