Axis Intros Series of Seven Bullet-Style IP Cameras Ranging from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD Resolution
Axis Communications recently introduced the new AXIS P14 Series encompassing seven day-and-night network cameras with unique mechanical design. With the AXIS P14 Series, customers can choose camera models with a wide range of resolutions – from HDTV 1080p to 4K Ultra HD – and integrated features for efficient and reliable video surveillance, such as IR illumination, remote zoom and focus, a built-in slot for micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards and I/O connectors for interfacing with external devices.
Additionally, thanks to integrated IR and certain models that feature OptimizedIR, a patented and power-efficient LED technology that provides an intelligently adaptable angle of IR illumination, AXIS P14 Series is ideal for 24/7 surveillance of offices, shopping malls, parking-lots and public squares.
"AXIS P14 Series cameras will be a popular choice across all industry segments because of exceptional 24/7 performance and attractive features that come in a compact and cost-effective design," said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications, Inc. "We gain economy from a mechanical design that puts the electronics in the foot of the camera while utilizing remote focus and zoom so the casing never has to be opened. This provides a wide range of powerful yet affordable options – including AXIS P1428-E with 4K Ultra HD resolution in full frame rate performance."
AXIS P14 Series Network Cameras offer easy installation with remote zoom and focus for fine tuning of the picture from a computer as opposed to at the camera itself. Furthermore, AXIS P14 Series cameras are equipped with a compact, low-weight casing and integrated bracket for wall or ceiling mount that puts all electronic connections inside the base. To further simplify installation, a wide range of mounting accessories such as pole and corner mounts are available.
The seven AXIS P14 Series cameras are outdoor-ready and tailored to meet most price/performance demands:
- AXIS P1405-E and AXIS P1405-LE with built-in IR illumination feature HDTV 1080p, day/night video, DC-iris with remote zoom and focus;
- AXIS P1425-E and AXIS P1425-LE with OptimizedIR feature HDTV 1080p, day/night video, P-Iris with remote zoom and focus and I/O connectors;
- AXIS P1427-E and AXIS P1427-LE with OptimizedIR feature 5 MP resolution, day/night video, P-Iris with remote zoom and focus and I/O connectors;
- AXIS P1428-E with 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, day/night video, P-Iris with remote zoom and focus and I/O connectors.
Axis was among the very first companies to introduce HDTV network cameras in the surveillance market with the launch of AXIS Q1755 Network Camera in January 2009. The introduction of 4K technology into Axis' product portfolio is a natural step in the journey to respond to customer demand for consumer-grade resolution using standards-based technology.
The cameras in the new AXIS P14 Series are equipped with a powerful processor allowing for great image processing performance and high image quality with lower noise, higher light sensitivity for sharper images and more efficient video compression with H.264 Main Profile. They also provide improved support for simultaneous streaming of multiple, individually optimized video streams, providing video management systems with increased flexibility and manageable network and storage use.
In addition, AXIS P14 Series cameras offer more processing power and capacity for intelligent video applications that help alert operators to act on potential alarm situations.
Additional features of the new AXIS P14 Series include:
- Built-in, highly efficient 850nm infrared LEDs;
- Support for AXIS Camera Application Platform enabling the installation of additional intelligent video applications such as AXIS Video Motion Detection 2.1 and AXIS Cross Line Detection, as well as third-party applications;
- IP66 and NEMA 4X ratings, ensuring protection against dust, rain and snow;
- A built-in slot for a micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card for storing recordings locally;
- The highest degree of security, including HTTPS encrypted video streams that do not affect performance, and IPv6 support in addition to IPv4;
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support offering greater convenience and easier installation;
- Axis' Corridor Format to deliver a vertically-oriented video view perfect for tunnels, long corridors, hallways, highways, streets and railways.
AXIS P14 Series network cameras are supported by the industry's largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The cameras include support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.
The new AXIS P14 Series is planned to debut in Q2 2014 through Axis' distribution channels at suggested retail prices ranging from $599 for the HDTV 1080p model to $799 for the 5 MP model with OptimizedIR. Suggested retail price for AXIS P1428-E with 4K resolution is $999.