Six Characteristics Every Security Camera Company Must Have
- By Matt Holden
- Aug 25, 2014
Total Security, a security company that does a lot of work in the five boroughs of New York City, has given out tips to security camera companies that are trying to succeed in New York. This list however, can be applied to any security camera company looking to be more successful:
1) First, a security camera company needs to be Better Business Bureau approved with a BBB rating of “A” or higher. This rating legitimizes a business and holds a company accountable for providing top-quality service.
2) Provide the total solution, from high definition cameras, wireless cameras, analog cameras, IP cameras, to other types of security systems, such as burglar alarms, access control, fingerprint recognition and intercoms, etc. These products should also come with full-service, such as installation and advice regarding camera positioning and number of cameras.
3) The showroom/office should be run by a professional and prompt staff. When a security company doesn’t have an office that comes across as a troubling sign.
4) Provide referrals and references from recent customers as well as old customers who can validate the company’s quality and professionalism.
5) Offer a free onsite security evaluation and estimate.
6) Finally, the camera company should be licensed by the State or States and it should have a Liability Insurance and Workers Comp policy in place.
In summary, a security camera company that looks to provide their customers with quality and trustworthy support will be on their way to success.
Matt Holden is an Associate Content Editor for 1105 Media, Inc. He received his MFA and BA in journalism from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He currently writes and edits for Occupational Health & Safety magazine, and Security Today.