Axis Introduces AXIS Camera Station S10 Designed for Mid-Sized Installations
Axis Communications announces AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series. AXIS Camera Station is preloaded on high-quality servers and configured to perfectly match Axis' wide range of network cameras, providing both ease of installation and reliability.
AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series will be showcased during ASIS International from Sept. 29 to Oct. 1, Atlanta, in booth #1023.
"Small and mid-sized installations have traditionally been analog, but users are increasingly seeing the benefits of IP video, including its image quality, and scalability," said Fredrik Nilsson, general manager, Axis Communications, Inc. "To help meet this demand, AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series presents packaged, plug and play solutions that help our customers easily get up and running with their mid-sized video surveillance installation."
AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series consists of:
- AXIS S1016, workstation model for use in office environments for installations up to 16 video channels (3 TB using RAID1)
- AXIS S1032, rack server model for installations of up to 32 video channels (9 TB using RAID5)
- AXIS S1048, rack server model for installations of up to 48 video channels (15 TB using RAID5)
AXIS Camera Station video management software is pre-installed. The software offers an intuitive user interface with features to meet the demand for effective and active surveillance such as a flexible live view layout, site maps, powerful event configuration, efficient alarm management and responsive PTZ control. System settings such as camera and storage are configured to further simplify system setup and maximize performance.
AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series is powered by Dell technology. Hardware components such as hard-discs, graphic card and CPUs, as well as storage capacity are optimized to meet the demands for reliable high-definition surveillance. To further safeguard system uptime, the package includes hardware and software support for three years. Dell support is included from one-day to four-hour on-site support for the rack server models.
Further features of AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series include:
- Pre-installed system software including Windows 7 Pro
- The recorders are easily scalable with additional AXIS Camera Station licenses
- Support for multiple screens
- AXIS Camera Station S9001 Desktop Terminal available as an option for monitoring up to 64 video channels
AXIS Camera Station S10 Recorder Series is expected to be available in Q4 2014 through Axis' standard distribution channels. Suggested retail price for AXIS S1016 is $3,999, AXIS S1032 is $10,999, AXIS S1048 is $15,999 and AXIS S9001 is $1,999.